7/06/2006

The Cards Can Be So Unkind....

I don't know what is up with the limit game tonight. I establish my table image as tight tight tight by folding forever. Then, when I raise pre flop, I still get several callers. A player raised from UTG, I re-raise from button with AK suited. Ace on flop, he bets, I raise, he calls. I make 2 pair when the K hits on the turn. He check calls. The J on the river and he bets out, I call...and yes, he has Q 10 off. So he raised with Q10 off...from first position, then called my re-raise both pre-flop and on the flop...with no hand. Afterwards, when I gave him the old, "Well, I can't outplay stupid..." he says, "I was open ended." When was that? He hit a gut shot after catching 2 running cards...AFTER calling 2 raises... ARGH..

Later, I get K3 suited in BB, unraised. I flop 2 pair and bet out. Get 2 callers... The 3 on turn gives me the FH 3's full of Kings. Player bets, I raise, he calls. 10 on the river and he bets, I raise, he calls and shows 10, 10...so he rivered a FH using the 3s on the board, AFTER calling my re-raise with nothing but a pair of 10s.

THEN...(and yes, we're still at the same table..and I'm only playing premium hands..and playing them aggressively) I get AJ hearts in late position and raise. I get a few callers, and flop is JJ4 with the 4 and one of the Jacks suited in spades. I bet...get called. Turn is a harmless diamond. I bet, get called. River is yet another spade...so I check and of course, there is a bet and a raise by the time it gets to me...so I fold to the two obvious flushes. One was 57 and the other was Q 8 of spades. WHY WHY WHY must the deck reward people who play so poorly?

Without going through the other 5 or 6 hands that went down like this...you get the point. I even had to split a pot when I had KJ and flopped KJ...only to get called and see a Q hit turn AND river...so a guy with K5 who had called got to split the pot with me, as we both had Ks and Qs with the Jack kicker. I'm tortured and cursed....and I don't know why....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home