7/10/2006

Us Against Them

I played a lot of 3/6 at the boats this past week, and realized something I have noticed in the past, but didn't really think about. Anyone else notice the "us vs. them" mentality of the table - depending on which side you are sitting on?

For instance, if I'm sitting on the far end of the table and the player next to me gets beat by someone on the other side, the player will inevitably turn and say something to me about how bad the other guy played, or how lucky he got. When someone on MY side of the table wins, you can see the players on the other side making comments to one another in much the same way.

However, if you happen to beat the person sitting right next to you...they are relatively friendly and don't say the same types of things they would have said, had you been on the other side. I guess they figure the player on the other side won't take the trouble to get up, walk over and smack them..whereas someone sitting next to them might just backhand them. I don't know. Thoughts??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home