7/18/2006

10 minutes from Hell....

If I told you that you could sit down at a limit poker table and immediately get dealt 10 10, AA, AQ suited, J10 suited and KK in that order, you'd probably like your odds. Today, you would be sadly mistaken. I haven't lost money this fast since the last time I played a quarter slot machine.

So I sit down at a 50c/$1 limit table with $20.00 My first hand, I raised with 10 10 and hit a set on the flop. Happy Days. I bet, and everyone folds. Small pot, but hey, I'm happy to win the first hand. Next hand...wow, pocket Aces. This is going to be a good table. Raise it up again. Hmmm, 8 9 Q with two diamonds on the flop and a couple calls before it gets to me, I'll raise it up again. Okay, one caller. 2 of clubs on turn. Not scary at all. The dude bets into me again..what is he thinking. 7 of diamonds on river...hmmm, flush possible. He bets...I call, and yes, he has made his diamond flush with his 5 3 of diamonds that he chose to call my pre flop raise with. I just love limit poker SOOOOO much.

Needless to say, my AQ, J 10 and KK went down in flames as well. Although at least the KK hand was interesting. I raised preflop and the BB called. There was an A on flop, but he checked, I bet, he called. Another Ace on turn and another check makes me think it's unlikely he has an A now..so I bet and he calls. A THIRD Ace on river gives me the AAAKK full boat and I find it EXTREMELY unlikely that he could have an Ace now... but he bets, I raise and he re-raises. Are you kidding me? Maybe he has a pocket pair and figures he's good....but I call and sure enough, there's the A7. Why did he call a pre flop raise with A7? Oh yeah, so he could catch three more Aces with the last three cards to come out and crack my KK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home