1/08/2007

Queens....ARGH!

Okay, so there was a big discussion recently in the Kansas City Star, and on kcpoker.org about QQ on the bubble in a tournament, up against two all in players. Of course, with so many hands seen in internet poker, it was only a matter of time before this exact situation hit me in person.
I was in a 10 player SNG with 4 players left. Top 3 are paid. We are all sitting on roughly the same amount of chips, and play had been pretty solid. I am in first position and I raise with QQ. The next 2 people to act go all in. Remembering all the discussions, I decided to push it all in and see if the Queens would hold up. First person to my left shows A10 suited. Next person shows AK. So I'm in good shape according to all the people who said to push the QQ here. That is until the Ace hit first thing on the flop, as I always said it most likely would. LOL!! So the player with AK devastated me and the A10 player. I ended up blinding out in 4th, with no money. So, faced with this decision again in the future, against 2 all in players, I'm going back to my original thinking that says fold the Queens and stay alive a bit longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home